www.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.wswww.bigoo.ws

Monday, July 20, 2009

Dinner for Cystic Fibrosis...

Wes and I had to go to a dinner for his work. It was a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. I asked my sister Jackie to watch the kids for us. The dinner was good. I met Wes's boss and some of the other head people of the hospital. They were very nice. Wes and I had to get all dressed up. So whenever we get dressed up, naturally we have to have some pictures of us. I got McDonald's for the kids for supper to eat over at Jackie's. The kids were sooooo excited to go. They LOVE playing with their cousin Mitchell.
Wes and I left to go to the dinner and we had a few cocktails before the dinner and looked around at all the things they had available for a silent auction. Some pretty neat stuff let me tell ya. If only we had more money. HA Anyways, they had a speaker that night. He was good and funny. Bob Balooney. I apologize if I misspelled his name. He told stories about Bob Devaney and some other people. We all laughed but he also had a serious part of his speech too about not doing your part on the team or you would be gone.
So we stayed and watch the auction of a few more prizes. They are neat to watch on how they had alot of people in between the tables to catch a bidder with their number up. They had to do alot of yelling so the main guy up on stage could hear them and record so they couldn't leave without paying up. Anyways, it was time to head home. I called Jackie to tell her that we are leaving and I didn't hear anything in her voice or did she ever say anything.

We had to get a pose of us looking at each other. The LOVE is still there.

Well, when Wes and I walked into the basement. Ashley was sitting on the couch and I swear I looked at her 3 times and did not recognize my own daughter. Jackie had decided to cut her hair. I was in shock the rest of the night because she just looked so different. If Jackie had said something to me before we got there, I would have been preparing myself for it. But let me tell ya. I didn't recognize my own daughter was pretty sad.
She looks very cute after the "shock" has worn off now. Jackie does a pretty good job at cutting my kids's hair and I "thank her" for doing that.

I just wished she could have prepared me for it. Oh well --- I am laughing now about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

myspace layouts